Thank you for your interest in working with us at ADRA Yemen! Please take the time to review our employment practices below. If you wish to be considered for one of the advertised vacancies, please follow the application instructions in the vacancy description. You will only be considered for the position you apply for, and your application will not be kept on file. Please apply separately for other positions you may be interested in.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is an independent humanitarian agency established by the Seventh–day Adventist Church with the purpose of individual and community development and disaster relief around the world. We help people in more than 120 countries without regard to age, ethnicity, politics or religion.
ADRA is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. ADRA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or handicap/disability in its hiring and employment practices. ADRA is an agency of the Seventh–day Adventist Church, and those employees of ADRA who are internationally recruited but not members of the Seventh–day Adventist Church are expected to accept the Seventh–day Adventist philosophy of humanitarian service and practice a lifestyle consistent with ADRA policies and Seventh–day Adventist beliefs.
Vacancies at ADRA Yemen
ADRA is currently looking for suitable candidates to fill the following position(s):
Position: WASH Consultant
Location: Sana'a, Yemen with frequent travel to project sites Yemen
Starting date: ASAP
Commitment: one month
- Travel Expenses: up to round-trip ticket to Yemen
- Housing: housing allowance or furnished accommodation (shared)
- Consultancy remuneration: TBD
- Staff Capacity Building: conduct staff training in international standards (based on SPHERE) in water provision, chlorination, and community participation and management with regards to WASH activities (including gender); conduct TOT training for ADRA Yemen project staff with regards to community water provision, rehabilitation and chlorination techniques
- Development of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems: develop daily, weekly and monthly evaluation tools for the field to measure water usage rates, chlorine provision and levels, community feedback and bacterial content
- Develop appropriate, suitable and technically sound approaches for WASH activities including planning, design, construction and maintenance of water supply systems, including source development, treatment, storage and distribution based on the context in Yemen and in accordance with OFDA and international standards
- Make recommendations, and revise and update a new OFDA proposal for similar programming in coordination with ADRA and OFDA
- ADRA Yemen project staff trained on TOT and international WASH standards and practices
- A report on the training conducted (with all relevant materials)
- Easy to use and understand daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and evaluation tools as needed, including a schedule for monitoring
- Regular field reports and a report on current WASH practices, approaches and procedures, and recommendations for improvement
- An updated proposal and response submitted to OFDA, and provide additional support and guidance as needed
Requisite Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree related to WASH activities such as Engineering, Public Health or related field
- Technically proficient and experienced in water supply, water treatment, and hygiene promotion in emergency response programs
- More than 5 years experience working with WASH activities and water provision, staff training, assessments and project development
- Previous experience in project evaluation, assessment and development, especially with OFDA
- Experience working at the field level in developing countries with similar characteristics to Yemen
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Arabic skills an asset but not essential)
- Strong analytical, team work and training skills
Interested and qualified professionals are invited to send a CV plus expected remuneration and availability by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2012. Only potential candidates will be contacted. Please mention where you heard about this position.
To submit spontaneous applications please contact ADRA Yemen recruitment at email@example.com.
Vacancies at other ADRA Offices
For additional employment opportunities within the ADRA network, please visit the websites of ADRA International and ADRA Trans–Europe.