The project aims to provide nutrition assistance to the vulnerable communities in the targeted areas, especially targeting acutely malnourished girls and boys under 5 and pregnant nad lactating women. HHNP will contribute to the prevention and treatment of acute malnutrition through Blanket and Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programs (BTSFP & TSFP) for children and pregnant and lactating women. The project seeks to improve the capacity of partners, particularly Ministry of Health and local communities to ensure effective, efficient, and coherent decentralized nutrition response.
- Comprehensive malnutrition focused health services are delivered through fixed health centers to boys and girls 6-59 months with MAM
- Comprehensive malnutrition and service are provided to malnourished PLW
- Community health volunteers (CHVs) and community Health workers (CHW) are trained in support Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM)
- Community mobilization initiatives to prevent and/or mitigate acute malnutrition
- Organize community gatherings to raise awareness on nutrition and IYCF
- Train the Government Health Office staff and community volunteers in nutrition communication strategies